Friday 12 February 2016

{Soulfood Friday}


Sorry for the late Soulfood Friday post. We have a birthday party underway for our dear Matilda and the day has been spent blowing up balloons, decorating cakes and  making suitably ridiculous forfeits and jokes for a game of pass the parcel.


 This is the message I wrote in her card today:
For a dear, kind, sweet, funny, bubbly, gentle, strong, smiley, girl named Matilda.
A beautiful little girls came into our lives on the 12th of Febuary 2006! She had twinkly green eyes and rosy cheeks. It was a Sun-day and she is our Sun-shine!
You have now circled the sun 10 times!!!
May you have a magical, happy, blessed year being 10.
Huge hugs, big kisses, lots of love from us all and, of course,  tail wags and purrs from Sylvie and Florence. xxxooo




Some more soulful moments from the past week:
I love watching Boo paint. She gets lost in her own world. So much focus.


The green is speckled with snowdrops. The first whisperings of Spring and one of my "many" favourite flowers....




Every Friday I'll be pausing to notice something from the week that has nourished my soul. 

A special, sacred-everyday moment captured on camera, or perhaps a snippet from a book, a recipe still warm from the kitchen or something whimsical that simply made me smile.
 * 
Here are a few simple things that have fed my soul this week. 

What has inspired/fed/nourished your soul this week friends? 
*
 Feel free to link up to your own soulful spaces either at the bottom of this post or in the comments.


   

   

8 comments:

  1. What fun!!! Happy Birthday, Matilda! And my but the deserts look very tasty, especially the cookies. Have a wonderful party and Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy birthday matilda !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Matilda is a beautiful birthday girl!! Love Boo's horse and...wonderful snowdrops.

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy birthday to your not so little mathilda!
    first signs of spring are starting to appear everywhere :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like the perfect sort of party for 10!

    Snowdrops are among my many favourites too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A belated Happy Birthday! Watching children absorbed in their work is wonderful isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a beautiful week! happy birthday to your precious Mathilda! love the snow drops! <3 and that beautiful horse painting!

    ReplyDelete

I treasure each and every one of your comments.
Your kind words never fail to bring a smile to my face:)
At the moment I am going through a busy season of life with 5 girls under my wing! I may not always be able to respond immediately but please know that every word left here is read and appreciated deeply.
xx