Thursday 17 October 2013

...Haven...

























*
The other afternoon I saw the most beautiful dance of light struggle through a mottled storm cloud bruised sky.
Matilda told me it was the angels telling us we aren't alone. I believe her.
There is a goodness out there that is part of the fight, part of the struggle to keep our souls true; clarified.
I see people all around me doing their best. Loving, showing kindness, struggling to dig in the earth with their bare hands to plant little saplings.
There is love out there.

It is just a dammed river mourning for the ocean.
It is getting harder to escape the constant noise and the ever increasing expectations of the world.
It is a grasp that wrings out the joy and peace of souls.
So much is expected of us.
Let us be gentle with ourselves, and others.

*
 
  
 I have desired to go
       Where springs not fail,
To fields where flies no sharp and sided hail
    And a few lilies blow.

*
 
     
 And I have asked to be
       Where no storms come,
Where the green swell is in the havens dumb,
    And out of the swing of the sea.

Gerad Manly Hopkins


       






7 comments:

  1. love this suzy. beautiful. and really, truly, speaking to my soul. love you dear friend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful post, I needed to read this right now, thank you for posting wonderful words :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. visiting via tonia...isn't she a delight?
    i've now watched a lovely video, filled our kitchen with amazing music, enjoyed the works of art that are your dolls.
    thank you for sharing your beautiful life.
    Kimberly
    http://kimberlys-cup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. would love to follow via email. is it an option i'm just not seeing?

      Delete
    2. Hi and welcome :)
      I've just put a follow button at the top of my sidebar (right hand side) Hope that helps!
      Thank you so much for your lovely words :) Wishing you a lovely day!

      Delete
  4. So beautiful, Suzy. Thank you so much for sharing this. The words ring so true in my spirit. Love to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, Suzy. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

I treasure each and every one of your comments.
Your kind words never fail to bring a smile to my face:)
At the moment I am going through a busy season of life with 5 girls under my wing! I may not always be able to respond immediately but please know that every word left here is read and appreciated deeply.
xx