Sunday 22 July 2012

A soulful life

 A soulful life is an intentional life.

IMG_1504

A life that seeks to nourish and sustain the soul first.

A life that remains still and small and quiet enough to listen to the songbird  and the rustling leaves and the falling rain.

A life that sees with the heart more than the eyes.

A life that gives fearlessly knowing deeply that giving sustains more than taking.

For whatever is measured out will be given back a hundred fold in ways you cannot imagine.

 " Give, and it shall be given unto you: good measure, pressed down and shaken together and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete, therewith it shall be measured to you again.”

 IMG_1505

A Soulful Life seeks and finds goodness in others.

Understands that I am no better than you.

We all stand in awe of this mystery called life.

We are all on this wondrous journey together.


The bark of a red wood tree, the blade of green grass, the sparkling stream, the gentle fawn,
you and I are  connected and a part of one another.
   

If you are deprived I will never be satiated.

If you are in prison, I cannot be completely free.

If you are oppressed, I remain shackled.

 IMG_1509

A soulful life is a life that puts love first.

Before my ideology, my creed, my religion, my politics, my colour, my country, myself.

Comes love

And love comes after too.


"Let all go dear...
                           So comes love."
e.e cummings
                                                                       
 

 It is the pearl without price for which everything else must be given.






6 comments:

  1. this is so beautiful suzy. trying to live this soulful life with you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. stunning. Love is what speaks ..."a life that puts love first" amen. Like Amy trying to live this with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much beauty, in words and images. Thank you. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful, and just wanted I needed to read today. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I treasure each and every one of your comments.
Your kind words never fail to bring a smile to my face:)
At the moment I am going through a busy season of life with 5 girls under my wing! I may not always be able to respond immediately but please know that every word left here is read and appreciated deeply.
xx