Tuesday 2 August 2011

Love is Reckless... a month of poetry...

Taking it quietly this month :)... I'm planning on posting some favourite poems instead of full length articles for the rest of August...
Sending love and hugs till the end of the Summer...
xxooxx


soft orange glow


Love is Reckless


Love is reckless; not reason.

Reason seeks a profit.

Love comes on strong,

consuming herself, unabashed.


openness 2

Yet, in the midst of suffering,

Love proceeds like a millstone,

hard surfaced and straightforward.

Having died of self-interest,


bokeh fire


she risks everything and asks for nothing.

Love gambles away every gift God bestows.

Without cause God gave us Being;

without cause, give it back again.


Rumi


DSC03327

2 comments:

  1. Being able to choose is one of the best things.

    I like this choice of yours, Suzy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! Look forward to the next poem. Do relax! My best! Cathy

    ReplyDelete

I treasure each and every one of your comments.
Your kind words never fail to bring a smile to my face:)
At the moment I am going through a busy season of life with 5 girls under my wing! I may not always be able to respond immediately but please know that every word left here is read and appreciated deeply.
xx